[chirp_users] New Baofeng UV-5R w/cable. Chirp reports failed connection w/radio as could not communicate w/radio.

DJ
Fri Apr 24 16:27:36 PDT 2015

I also found that to be true. My old cable worked well. The main problem
I had was that the Chirp download didn't work on my radio. I downloaded
the version direct from Baofeng and that one worked just as it should.
My radio versions are BFB297, and BFS297. I don't really find much of
any difference, but there must be enough so that one works with my
'NewOld' program download, and the other only works with the one I
downloaded from Baofeng.
      From: Galen Thurber <galenthurber at gmail.com>
 To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
 Sent: Friday, April 24, 2015 1:59 PM
 Subject: Re: [chirp_users] New Baofeng UV-5R w/cable. Chirp reports failed connection w/radio as could not communicate w/radio.

I use linux and had this problem but I have found that it was the cable.
apply some pressure to the top of jack and push it towards the the back of the radio.
I found over time that the cable was so cheap that it needed to be replaced.
I bought new cables off of eBay that have the Baofeng sticker on them, they work great, no push needed

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 11:06 PM, Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 9:39 PM, DJ <djnrf at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I received this new radio today. I tried to use my old (August last year
> NewOld version) and had the same 'could not connect with radio'. It
> did nothing, but the new Daily download version not only does the same,
> but it also keys up the transmitter when attempting to clone, and still
> fails.

Probably the device driver, not the software.

http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Drivers.php

I've been on-line since late 1992
My computer recommendations: Puppy Linux operating system, passwordsafe, truecrypt (private storage for hard drive/flash sticks), Pidgin Internet Messenger, tor anonymous browsing bundle.
My information recommendations: antiwar.com therealnews.com alternet.org quackwatch.com
Please join my boycott of: Eastlink, Facebook,Yahoo!, Microsoft