[chirp_users] ic-e2820 an chirp

Apostolos Kefalas
Sat Apr 4 03:09:55 PDT 2015

Hello David,

thanks for taking time to help. I am using chirp 0.4.1 for Debian repos,
on amd64. Below is the full output of chirp.

Because this is second hand buy, I wonder if chirp is working with E2820
or there is some difference between 2820H and E2820 or there is some
problem with the data port of E2820.

Server reports version 0.4.1 is available
User selected Icom IC-2820H on port /dev/ttyUSB0
Clone thread started
-- Exception: --
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/chirpui/clone.py", line 227, in
run
    self.__radio.sync_in()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/chirp/icf.py", line 590, in
sync_in
    self._mmap = clone_from_radio(self)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/chirp/icf.py", line 308, in
clone_from_radio
    raise errors.RadioError("Failed to communicate with the radio: %s" %
e)
RadioError: Failed to communicate with the radio: Unexpected response
from radio
------
Clone failed: Failed to communicate with the radio: Unexpected response
from radio
Clone thread ended
--- Exception Dialog: Failed to communicate with the radio: Unexpected
response from radio ---
None

Thanks again.
Apostolos, SV1LJJ