[chirp_users] CHIRP and Icom T70A

James McLellan
Wed Apr 1 19:23:02 PDT 2015

On the off chance that there are those who might under appreciate or under value the tremendous work and creativity DONATED by the developers of CHiRP may I say loud and clear, 599 –

                  Thank you!

73,

Jim McLellan

K5BAA

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of D.J.J. Ring, Jr.
Sent: Wednesday, 01 April 2015 22:57
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Cc: Dan Smith
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] CHIRP and Icom T70A

If Bry finds a source of high quality cables he might start selling them along with a FREE Linux CD of CHIRP Daily Build and he'd become a Corporate Sponsor with a monthly stipend to the devels.

And cables that fit China radios, too.

73

David
N1EA

On Apr 1, 2015 9:22 PM, "David Ranch" <chirp at trinnet.net> wrote:

Hello Bry,

> This radio programmning crap is keeping so many hams off the air. I miss the days when you
> didn't need to program radios. They just worked, OR they were far simpler to set up
> memories.

No one said you had to program your radio via a computer.  You can just
use the keypad to get the same thing done.  It's just usually a LOT harder.

Alternatively, if you want known quality, you can buy solutions from say
RT Systems which include cables (those also occasionally go bad) and
software but if you want to take your saved settings to a new radio, you
have to buy THAT radio's software package.  If you have 5 different
radios.. that can get quite expensive in a hurry.  Chirp doesn't follow
that approach and one program attempts to program ALL radios but with a
community based effort, you must temper your complaints with how much
you paid for the software.  $0 = a few complaints  ;-)

--David