[chirp_users] BF-F8 reset

W4GRJ
Wed Apr 1 17:37:02 PDT 2015

Yes, you are correct, it is a BF-F8
I don't have an original factory image ...any other option?
Thanks,
Jack
W4GRJ

On Apr 1, 2015, at 5:27 PM, Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 5:07 PM, W4GRJ <w4grj at satterfield.org> wrote:
> Is there anyway to do a complete cpu reset?
> My radio xm it's fine but does not receive...my last thought is a hard reset.
> Thanks,
> Jack
> W4GRJ

I'm not familiar with a BF-B8. I assume that you mean BF-F8.

The closet thing to a complete reset is to upload a CHIRP Radio Image
file that was saved from the readio when it was new before making any
changes.

Now days when someones radio can't receive it is because they uploaded
an incompatible image to the radio using an older (prior to Septermber
2014) daily build or the year old CHIRP stable build. The most recent
daily builds prevent uploading incompatible image files into your
Baofeng radio.

The way to 'fix' the radio is to upload a "factory" image that matches
the "real" firmware version of the radio. The "real" firmware can only
be determined by looking at Firmware Message 1 (unless it is "VER") on
the Settings -> Other settings page.

See the instructions and a source for "factory" images here:
http://www.miklor.com/uv5r/UV5R-RecoverN5R.php