[chirp_users] Uv-6 programming issue

jones4ms gmail
Wed Sep 3 08:39:37 PDT 2014

Im new to the forum but not to radios....anyone have any experience with the baofeng uv-6? I have a lot of radios im trying to get programmed and cant seem to get through to the radio i get an error msg with chirp and a radio refussed clone through the native software im using a cloned cable and have since bought a new one from HRO which still gives the same error msg. I know the driver is correct because it sees the the cable and the software sees the radio due to the error msg. But i am at a loss and dont know what to do to get these things to upload/download i have a uv-5r and it works perfect on both sets of software...so any help would be appreciated

http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Running_Under_Linux

I would really recommend that you install and use the latest CHIRP daily build though.

Jim KC9HI