[chirp_users] Baofeng UV82L Port problem

Allan, Sr.
Fri Oct 17 18:40:50 PDT 2014

Problem solved! Was able to get the original Baofeng program disk to
install the 2014 version of the Vista software on my Win 7 pc (someone
told me this might work) and then used a spare usb serial com cable that
my buddy had to connect the radio. (My original cable that came with the
radio still will not work!) Opened Chirp to connect my radio and the
correct Com3 was already entered. Downloaded all of the freqs settings
my elmer had loaded in my radio and I'm good to go. Thanks for all the
help guys! Believe I'll hang around if I can keep my "terminology"
straight and not mention the "p" word again! :<)))  Allan W4EAB