[chirp_users] Baofeng UV82L Port problem

Jim Unroe
Fri Oct 17 10:21:58 PDT 2014

The error you report is an error that you normally get when you change
the assigned com port number in device manager. When you do this, you
need to unplug the cable from the USB port and plug it back in again
to complete the port number change.

http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_ErrorMess.php#error2

It may be different in your case. I would guess that it is something
else also using com port 3 creating a conflict. I would go into Device
Manager and change to a different port number (CHIRP supports up to
COM256). If you also want to be able to use the OEM software, then
keep the port number within the range of 1 to 16.

Jim KC9HI