[chirp_users] Baofeng UV82L Port problem

Allan, Sr.
Thu Oct 16 19:19:15 PDT 2014

New list member. I have a new Baofeng UV82L that a friend loaded with
his freqs using Chirp on his PC. I have installed Chirp software on my
Win 7 PC along with the correct Prolific usb serial to com port driver
7/31/2007  v 3.2.0.0.  My pc recognizes the driver as Com 3 and is
operating normally. I want to upload my phone freqs into my blank Chirp
software but I am getting an error msg after plugging in the usb cable
"cannot open port 3 [Error 2]. The system cannot find the file
specified" and Chirp will not connect to the phone. Any Suggestions?