[chirp_users] Chirp programming Yaesu FT-8800R questions ...

Pete Mackie
Mon Oct 13 05:47:09 PDT 2014

I perform CHIRP/FT-8800R download/upload repeater memory data transfers frequently without any data transfer issues. It is important to note that the sequence of Upload steps are reversed from the sequence of your Download steps.

CHIRP Menu: Radio => Download From Radio
	(Order: Start CHIRP's "Download From Radio" before the "CLONE-TX")
Turn off FT8000R transceiver.
Connect your USB Cloning Cable into your computer and FT8800R data jack.
Press an hold the "left" [V/M] key while turning on the FT8800R power.
Rotate the FT8000R “right” DIAL know to select (Clone-Start)—menu item F-7—then press the [SET] key. The display will disappear for a moment and the "CLONE" notation will appear on your display.
On CHIRP menu, select Radio menu => Download From Radio menu item. A Download transfer dialog will appear in your CHIRP window.
On your FT8000R transceiver, press the "left" [VM] key. The "CLONE-TX" indicator will appear on the display. The cloning transfer will immediately begin.
The FT8000R transceiver memory data download to CHIRP will complete.

CHIRP Menu: Radio => Upload To Radio
	(Order: Start your FT8000R transceiver "CLONE-RX" before CHIRP: Radio => Upload To Radio)

       Note:	you con skip the first 4, of the following steps, if you are performing an
		Upload after first performing a Download (above).
Turn off FT8000R transceiver.
Connect your USB Cloning Cable into your computer and FT8800R data jack.
Press an hold the "left" [V/M] key while turning on the FT8800R power.
Rotate the FT8000R “right” DIAL know to select (Clone-Start)—menu item F-7—then press the [SET] key. The display will disappear for a moment and the "CLONE" notation will appear on your display.
On your FT8000R transceiver, press the "left" [LOW] key. The "CLONE-RX" indicator will appear on the display.
On CHIRP menu, select Radio menu => Upload To Radio menu item. A Upload transfer dialog will appear in your CHIRP window.
The CHIRP memory data Upload to your FT8000R transceiver will complete.
Hope this helps.™

Pete Mackie
kg7ixu at arrl.net