[chirp_users] Ubuntu Error

Op. Francesco
Wed Nov 26 14:59:39 PST 2014

Same for me :-(

Op. Francesco
iz3sup at aol.com

Il giorno 26/nov/2014, alle ore 23:41, D.J.J. Ring, Jr. <n1ea at arrl.net> ha scritto:

Upgrading from CHIRP TO CHIRP-Daily.

dpkg: error processing archive
/var/cache/apt/archives/chirp-daily_20141119~utopic~1_i386.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite '/usr/share/applications/chirp.desktop', which is also
in package chirp 0.4.0-1
dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)

Chirp (regular) was uninstalled first then chirp-daily from the PPA was attempted to be installed.

I am helping someone with this, I am just sending this in.

Does anyone see any problem with deleting /usr/share/applications/chirp.desktop to get rid of the error or is there a better way?

David