[chirp_users] New blind ham trying to use Chirp

Jim McCorison
Wed Nov 26 12:51:53 PST 2014

Eric,

This has been discussed over and over and over. Are you willing to fund the not inconsiderable development dollars required to rewrite Chirp in different languages for each operating system and then to maintain it? Are you willing to pay a license fee, probably not cheap when amortized across the number of license vs development dollars, to underwrite this effort? This is a free program made readily available to all. Whether or not the "developer doesn't seem to think that excess abilities all that important” isn’t the issue. The issue is that it costs time and money to develop and support an application. One that is provided free of charge is going to be limited in what it can provide simply as a matter of economics. I’m not insensitive to your issues, but I am aware of the real world economic factors involved.

73’s,
Jim
K2SON

---