[chirp_users] UV-5RA not working

Michael E. Jaggers
Wed Nov 26 13:02:21 PST 2014

And I suspect the problem with the OP is that the radio that he is copying from and the radio that he is copying to have two different versions of firmware.

You can't do that.  You have to download an image from the radio that you are going to program, populate the image, then write it back to the radio.

If each radio has the same version of firmware, you can copy from one radio, then upload it to each radio in turn.

CHIRP will tell you what firmware version you have after you download the image, but it won't check it when you upload it.  (You can find the firmware version in the "Settings" tab.)

Mike