[chirp_users] UV-5RA not working

Jim Unroe
Wed Nov 26 10:20:43 PST 2014

Rick,

I sound like you tried to program your coworkers radios with an older
version of CHIRP and then upgraded. This allowed you to cross-load
.img files between radios with N5R firmware and radio with pre-N5R
firmware. This should not be done because receive will be muted.

The recovery procedure is on the miklor.com website.

http://www.miklor.com/uv5r/UV5R-Recovery.php#N5R

Jim KC9HI