[chirp_users] Radio did not ack programming mode with UV-B5

Richard Hum
Mon Nov 17 06:46:47 PST 2014

When I try to do "Download from radio" on my UV-B5 with chirp, I get a
"Radio did not ack programming mode" error. I did some googling, but all
the tips did not help.

I discovered that using the programming software version 1.09 on Miklor did
work, so it probably isn't a driver or cable issue. I have driver version
3.2.0.0.

I get the error on both Linux and Windows 7.

In Windows, I did some serial port captures to compare the traffic from the
stock software and chirp. Below are those files generated by Serial Port
Monitor by Eltima. The HTML files are exported versions so someone without
the software could read the output.

Here is a dropbox link to the files:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hoj7428g4gnjq9x/AAAl8bjPi0vgNKWVm7w0hgyza?dl=0

Best Regards,