[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5RA

Richard Mogford
Wed May 21 13:28:45 PDT 2014

Also, the driver on this site works for me using the 2303 Prolific chip with a very cheap cable from Amazon ($4.70 shipped).

http://www.409shop.com/409shop_product.php?id=103760

This site is actually suggested in the CHIRP user manual that is on line.  I have not tried the driver on the miklor site.

One key thing for the driver at the 409 shop.  You run the driver installer then restart the computer.  Then you can see the cable being recognized in the Device Manager and see which port it is using.  It was on COM5 for me.  You then set COM5 in CHIRP.

Richard