[chirp_users] Using Linux, Chirp and the FTDI cable & driver.

Jim Unroe
Tue May 20 03:43:05 PDT 2014

Raymond,

I have Linux Mint 16 Mate here. I'm pretty sure the downloaded driver isn't
necessary. Mint has built-in support for the FTDI chip.

Do all of the following in "terminal"

To install the stable version of CHIRP, follow the instructions here:
http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Running_Under_Linux

To install the daily-build version of CHIRP, follow the instructions here:
http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Download

In both cases you will have to add your user to the "dialout" group.
sudo usermod -a -G dialout <your user name>    (replace <your user name>
with your user name)

Jim KC9HI