[chirp_users] Max OSX Woes

Joseph R. Erlewein
Mon May 19 10:30:33 PDT 2014

That's a good suggestion!
I will try that later tonight as well.

So far, I've got this:

System Version  CHIRP-0.3.1     CHIRP-0.4.0     Other Apps
------|--------|---------------|---------------|------------------------------
MPB    10.8.5   slow            slow            ok
Mini   10.8.5   slow            slow            ok
MBA    10.9.x   slow            slow            mail.app, others slower
Win7vm eu-32    ok              n/a             ok
Win7vm eu-64    ok              n/a             ok
linux  n/a      n/a             n/a             ok

With respect to the matrix above, I need to verify the Mavericks version on the macbook air.

I also haven't tried v0.4.0 on the WinX platforms yet.

I'll play a little tonight with the above, and fill in some of the n/a fields.

(eu-x = Enterprise Ultimate)

I'll come up with a vidcap method and post some stuff to You Tube.

Will also try with a new user acct

Will also try invocation from a shell to provide better output (anyone have options for debug output handy?)

So, after tonight when I have access again to the MBAir I'll get all this going. For now, gotta get back to work.

But, the R6 version of the python package DID seem to make it more usable than the R10 did on the MPB system.
I will also attempt downgrading the Mini and MBA from R10 to R6 and see if the performance improvement follows.

Thanks--
-jre