[chirp_users] Max OSX Woes

Jens J.
Mon May 19 08:26:01 PDT 2014

I also have not had any of the slowness you describe, and I have run it on various mac machines. A hackintosh which has run lion and mavericks, and a mac book air that has run mountain lion and mavericks.

I assume you must have installed the KK7DS python R10 runtime package in order to get it working as a pre-req step.

What radios are you editing with chirp?
How many channels do you have visible at once (i.e., how many are you viewing in memory range)?

-Jens

________________________________
 From: Pete Mackie <pete at seaquest.com>
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2014 10:11 AM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Max OSX Woes

Joseph,

I don’t know what to say regarding your woes of running CHIRP on Mac OS X. I run CHIP on Mac OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks on three computers without any of the problems you describe below. My MacBook Pro is over 5 years old. CHIRP is rock solid being most responsive on my MacBook Pro.

For security purposes, I only run Mac OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks on four family Macs. Why not upgrade from Mountain Lion it is a free O/S upgrade?

Pete