[chirp_users] Problems loading Baofeng UV-5R

Clif Wright
Fri May 16 16:20:07 PDT 2014

One thing I would like to add, if anyone uses the free program "teamviewer" (www.teamviewer.com) is a free remote program, I would be glad to allow you to see my computer and see what I am talking about...

Just let me know...

Clif Wright
wretsub at gmail.com

wretsub at hotmail.com
Home phone 817 819 7246

From: wretsub at hotmail.com
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 18:14:26 -0500
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Problems loading Baofeng UV-5R

Hello Everyone trying to help me....and I appreciate it very much!

If you are in Dayton for the Hamfest, stop by the MTC dealer booth and say Hi to Richard from Paris, Texas...tell him Clif said to drop by!!

Now on to my problems to try and get my Baofeng UV-5R programmed.

I was able to follow the instructions to load the drivers for the cable and now I do not see the yellow triangle for the port drive.  When I plug the cable into the computer, it seems to find it correctly....Now, the problems that are still there.

First, I was loaded a new file and selected "Radio" and picked "load from radio".  In the device manager, it showed com5, so I change to com5 and the cloning process started .... saw the green line go across the screen....However, nothing was loaded into the spreadsheet form.

So, I wanted to create a sheet and upload to the radio....However, the option to write to the radio....is greyed out...unable to select!

The driver seems to be loaded correctly, and it seems to read the radio, but writes nothing to the screen.... I can build a list of Freq's I want loaded into the radio, but I am unable to write to the radio.....

so.....close....what is my next step????

and as always, I appreciate the help

Clif Wright
wretsub at gmail.com

wretsub at hotmail.com