[chirp_users] Loop back

Clif Wright
Fri May 16 11:57:57 PDT 2014

My cable is a Black cable that I got from MTC where I got the radios.  There is no name on the cable, but I believe that it is a Prolific.
I have 18 radios to program and it has been 2 days with this problem.

I have used the Live disk and tried running this program from my harddrive.  I am running Windows 7 home addition and the people at the store said that there was a problem, but there was a work around but the guy that know how to do it is at Hamfest in Dayton this weekend....great..

At one point, it was starting the cloning process when I tried to load from the radio, but would never load the spreadsheet from the radio.

Any help would be appreciated in solving this problem.  If you have teamviewer, ( a free program to remotely operate a computer) (www.teamviewer.com), I am willing to let anyone look at my computer while I run the program...

Thanks in advance....

Clif Wright
wretsub at gmail.com

wretsub at hotmail.com
Home phone 817 819 7246

Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 14:43:11 -0400
From: thecanesvenatici at gmail.com
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Loop back

I've never seen that message. You probably have Echolink installed
What's your operating system and cable type ? Prolific or FTDI ?

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 7:44 AM, Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com> wrote:

No. This is normal.
Jim KC9HI

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 10:27 PM, Clif Wright <wretsub at gmail.com> wrote:

When I look at my port for my cable to load my UV-5R

It states "This port appears to be a cable without Echo Loopback"

Is this a possible cause of me not being able to write to my radio?

Thanks

N5PLW
Clif—
Sent from Mailbox