[chirp_users] image number and firmware numbers do not match

Jim Unroe
Wed May 14 14:31:44 PDT 2014

Hi Dennis,

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 4:55 PM, Dennis Klipa <klipadk at gmail.com> wrote:

> I got an error message that the “Settings” had not been transferred
> because the image number didn’t match the firmware number.  I looked in the
> file and found where those numbers were listed but could not change them.

The message was "the 'Other Settings" could not be sent...".  This is a
very small percentage of the settings. Basically the Power-On messages and
the band limits. Most of the time you don't want these changed anyway.

> I did eventually figure out that if I downloaded the data from the new
> radio to a new file, the firmware number came with it.  Then I could
> populate the rest of the new file with data and it uploaded with no problem.

Here's the way to do it with the least amount of effort.

1 Upload to radio (transfers channels and most of settings to radio)
2 Download from radio (returns same channels and settings with radio's
firmware version)
3 Edit Settings -> Other Settings (if needed)
4 If settings were edited in step 3, upload to radio again
5 Save the channels and settings to your computer

> Now, if this item gets posted, I will be a happy camper.

You must be a happy camper. ;-)

> Best Regards,
>
> Dennis

Jim KC9HI

That is exactly how it is supposed to work.

When you this error/warning. The only settings that don't get uploaded are
the settings on the Settings -> Other Settings menu. Most of the time you
don't want these settings over written anyway.