[chirp_users] Programing a Baofeng UV-82 with Chirp on osx 10.9.2

Jens J.
Wed May 14 09:35:22 PDT 2014

1. You dont have an ftdi chipset driver - so fixes for that dont apply.
2. You are using prolific (pl2303) and one of the open source drivers, as evidenced by the /dev/NoZAP* device.
3. try my driver package here: http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/MacOS_Tips#Generic-PL-2303-cables-counterfeit-andor-“Generic”
4. it should yield a device like : /dev/tty.PL2303-xxxxxxxx

If you still get radio is not responding, then there could be a cable, and/or connection issue.
You mentioned you already eliminated that as a possibility, that you were able to program same radio and cable combo on win 7.

________________________________
 From: Marthijn Soesbergen <marthijnsoesbergen at gmail.com>
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 10:32 AM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Programing a Baofeng UV-82 with Chirp on osx	10.9.2

Christian,

Ik using a UV-5R and I program it with the same driver. If you want me to I can send you my driver and see if that works for you. Are you using the Kenwood style cable?

Regards,
Marthijn Soesbergen

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone

Op 14 mei 2014 om 17:01 heeft Christian Schwarz <coffeeisallineed at gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:

Hi everybody,

I’d like to know, if anybody managed to program the UV-82 using chirp (or the daily build 20140428) on osx 10.9.2. I read that one might or might not have to disable apple’s own driver for FTDI chipset. I’ve been googleing the topic for a few days now and have not found a way to make it work on my mbp. The system report will tell me that a USB-Serial Controller is there:

USB-Serial Controller:

  Product ID:0x2303
  Vendor ID:0x067b  (Prolific Technology, Inc.)
  Version: 3.00
  Speed:Up to 12 Mb/sec
  Manufacturer:Prolific Technology Inc.
  Location ID:0xfa130000 / 6
  Current Available (mA):500
  Current Required (mA):100

When I try to "download from radio” I have four choices in a dropdown menu, each of which will give me an error message:

- /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Porterror: An error has occurred - Radio did not respond
- /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Modemerror: An error has occurred - could not open port /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Modem: [Errno 16] Resource busy: '/dev/cu.Bluetooth-Modem'
- /dev/cu.NoZAP-PL2303-000013FAerror: Radio did not respond
- /dev/cu.usbserial error: Radio did not respond

Any ideas? I am using the USB programming cable from Baofeng, that came with the radio.

btw. under windows7 (installed on the mbp) it works like a charm.

Cheers,
Chris