[chirp_users] How-to IC-2200H

W8RGB Gary
Thu May 8 14:50:02 PDT 2014

Okay. I've Tried the IC-2200H with and without the cloning mode and from VFO. I get these messages:

Right after powere up VFO mode
     Failed to communicate with the radio: I can't talk to this model

  From Clone mode
     Failed to communicate with the radio: Out of sync with radio

Clone  or not Clone mode "Icom Detect"
     Unable to get radio model

I am using the RT Systems USB-29A cable marked as Maxton IV8 which is, according to RT Systems, ompatible with the IC-2200 and the IC-2300 (no 'H').

I can program my Baofeng just fine with its cable.

So. Just what are the instructions for Chirp with the IC-2200H?

Thanks!

    73  Gary  W8RGB