[chirp_users] Suggestions for mag-mount dual-band antenna

Lisa Soto
Tue May 6 07:48:57 PDT 2014

I have this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Tram-1185-Amateur-Dual-Band-Antenna/dp/B0045EQUBK/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1399387563&sr=1-1&keywords=tram+1185

and so far it's been really great. I get nice reception and transmission
local to my repeater (20 miles-ish). It may go even further; that's just
what I've tested and experienced.  I can't speak to scratching because I
haven't looked on the roof lately. It's low gain but seems to work well
with my UV-5R-AX+. I frequently get comments about "good audio". The
annoying part was waiting for the adapter to come in from China.

- Lisa
KD2FFJ

On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 9:20 AM, Marthijn Soesbergen <
marthijnsoesbergen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Pete,
>
> My Baofeng sets came with two Nagoya antenna's weird enough I got two
> different ones a UT-102UV and a UT-106UV. I didn't had any time to test
> them out but I know for sure that they'll stick at 150 KM/H.
> As soon as I tested them I let you know.
>
> Regards
> Marthijn Soesbergen
> Holland
>
> Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone
>
> Op 6 mei 2014 om 14:57 heeft Pete Miller <scmiller40 at gmail.com> het
> volgende geschreven:
>
> I'd appreciate suggestions from Baofeng users about mag-mount dual-band 2m
> /  70cm antennas that are working well. Of course a perfect antenna will be
> a great find, but if I have to prioritize, these will do:
>
> * One choice >$60, one choice $60-$120
> * Zero or minimal scratching
> * Perfect retention at air speeds <80 mph
> * 2m probably slightly higher priority
> * Receiving probably slightly higher priority for now
> * At least good transmitting
>
> My unit is a UV-5RE Plus.
>
> Thanks.

Lisa Soto                                                eris235 at gmail.com
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a
             philosopher." -Ambrose Bierce, writer (1842-1914)