[chirp_users] Need info on Motorola XTN XU2600 radio

Kevin Zembower
Fri May 2 19:14:14 PDT 2014

Here's some further information I discovered:

I went into the on-screen programming mode for the Motorola radio, and
changed the setting for 'Interference Elimination mode' from 1 to 0.
When I did this, I could communicate in both directions between the
Motorola and the Baofeng. From the Motorola manual, Interference
Elimination mode 0 disables interference elimination mode. In the
Motorola manual, Interference Eliminator code 1 is identified as '67.0
Hz'. This same table goes on to identify Digital Interference Eliminator
Code 39 as Code Word '023' which appears in the Baofeng programming as
'DTCS Code' and 'DTCS Rx Code'.

I'd like to program the Baofengs so that they match the default factory
configurations of the Motorolas, which means setting the Interference
Elimination mode back to 1. Any suggestions on how to configure the
Baufeng to match this setting?

Thanks, again.

-Kevin