[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5R+ Programming

Jim Hatch
Mon Mar 31 13:49:09 PDT 2014

I'm trying to set the radios so that the same channels show up every time
the operator turns the radio on regardless of what channels were tuned when
it was turned off.

For example, I want channels 2 & 3 to always be in the A/B displays when
powering on. The user turns it off when the radio is tuned to say channel
15 and 98. When they turn it back on it should revert to channels 2 & 3 in
the display.

I tried setting the Work Mode Settings features MR A Channel and MR B
Channels to 2 & 3 respectively. This did not default the power on settings
to channels 2 & 3.

What am I doing wrong? (The radios are firmware BFB297 and BFS311 in
Firmware Message 2 and Firmware Message 1 respectively.)

Thanks,
Jim