[chirp_users] programming help

Skip
Sat Mar 29 16:39:08 PDT 2014

Chirp Users,

All I want to do is program my little radio (UV-5R). I installed the Prolific software a few weeks ago and downloaded CHIRP and began programming. I have read over and over information in the Miklor web site. I was able to put a couple of frequencies in CHIRP. I downloaded them to the radio but the radio didn’t work as I probably had the Tone or Offset not right. I spent a lot hours trying to learn  how and gave up. I then went to the manual programming directions and I can’t program fast enough as the radio times out. (I have a neurology problem that causes shaking, especially when frustrated.) Next I get an email that announces a CHIRP update to 4.0. I install it and try to program again. Now Prolific won’t install. I have a Windows 7 64 bit computer. I live in a rural area with no Elmer’s. I guess I’m having problems due to my age or stupidity. I am willing to call someone who may walk me through the whole process. As you can tell I’m behind the curve on computers as well.