[chirp_users] Another way Chirp can be tripped up by the OS

D. Daniel McGlothin KB3MUN
Thu Mar 27 11:19:10 PDT 2014

Stephen,

> Incidentally, is it normal for the UV-5R to key up when the serial cable
> is present? I'm going to make a practice of always having a dummy load
> connected when programming this radio.

It is my experience that any RF reception breaking squelch on either of
the channels during data transfer will likely fault the transfer.  The
receiver appears to be 'on' during data transfer.

Take the antenna off (instead of a dummy load) and/or tune to quiet
channels for data transfer.

I suspect the issue is that any audio signal from the radio receiver
get's blended with the data transfer signal being pushed in the thru the
microphone jack, thus scrambling the data steam.

73 de Daniel KB3MUN