[chirp_users] Cannot program Simplex from Imported CSV

John Kellas
Wed Mar 26 21:31:36 PDT 2014

I have a .img file created by reading an Anytone 588UV.

I have another .csv file I want to use to populate the 5888 file.

In my .csv file, all the channels are 'split' in the Duplex Column, and the
absolute frequency shows in the offset column.

If I paste the data from the .csv file into my CHIRP .img file:

   1. my only choices become '-' or '+' in the Duplex Col of the .img file
   for the 5888, whereas they were 'split' in the .csv file
   2. and in the Offset col the simplex channels are blank in the Offset
   column, and the repeater channels  have been transposed to an offset value
   rather than an ablsolute value.

Is this because CHIRP will not allow 'split' as an option for duplex
because of the radio model number for some reason?

Regards,
John