[chirp_users] file damaged or incomplete

Pete Mackie
Wed Mar 26 18:04:52 PDT 2014

Tom's statement is valid, but I would recommend even a simpler solution.

1. Right-click on the Mac OS X CHIRP 0.4.0 app.
2. A context menu will appear, with Open being the top menu item.
3. Click on the Open context menu item.
4. A dialog opens, showing two messages:
     "chirp-04.0 app" is from an unidentified developer. Are you sure you want to open it?
      Opening "chirp-04.0 app" will always allows it to run on this Mac.
    The dialog also contains two buttons: [ Open ] and [ Cancel ]
 4. Click on the dialog [ Open ] button.
 5. You are ready to go with running CHIRP on Mac OS X

You will never have to run the above procedure again. Deploy CHIRP on a second, or more Mac OS X? You guessed it, run the above procedure there too.

Unlike Windows, this is Apple’s way of preventing unauthorized apps to run on their on their own and install malware. If you are a Mac user, be thankful for this very slight inconvenience.

Pete Mackie
KG7IXU
Portland, OR