[chirp_users] Problem with connecting to Radio BaoFeng UV-B5

Milton Hywatt
Wed Mar 26 17:04:25 PDT 2014

http://www.miklor.com/

________________________________
 From: Roger Carl <racarl at net1plus.com>
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 7:59 PM
Subject: [chirp_users] Problem with connecting to Radio BaoFeng UV-B5

I read the posts on these problems.  Read CHIRP FAQs.
 I purchased a programming cable that was for BaoFeng U5 & B5/B6 and others.
I verified cable was fully inserted into radio. Did take an extra push to get fully inserted.
I had a hard time finding the correct Com Port, eventually found COM3 was being used by pulling cable and watching message appear and disappear accordingly.
Instructions are not clear whether to use just numeric designation (3) or full name (COM3), but neither worked.
Tried installing in other USB/Com ports and received error messages” “Device Driver software was not successfully installed” – Prolific USB-to-Serial Com Port (COM4) or COM5.
Do not get this error when plugged Into COM3.

Notes:  Using Win 7, latest version of CHIRP 3-24-2014, USB Ver 2.0 ports.

What suggestions do you have?
Roger