[chirp_users] CHIRP 0.4.0 questions

D.J.J. Ring, Jr.
Tue Mar 25 16:40:12 PDT 2014

I have no idea, sometimes it takes a long while to appear in the official
repositories.

That is why I started building daily builds.

There is a great explanation about how to build your own DEB packages by
Chris Olstrom over at
http://chris.olstrom.com/howto/build-deb-packages-from-source/

I use the checkinstall method myself, I just leave the email of the
developer blank in the checkinstall script.

For those on Ubuntu or Debian or systems using deb type binaries, you can
add the daily builds this way:

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:dansmith/chirp-snapshots

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install chirp-daily

That's the best way to have the latest all the time.

Congrats on another release to the Dev team.

N1EA