[chirp_users] CHIRP 0.4.0 Released!

Robb Sharpe
Tue Mar 25 13:57:53 PDT 2014

Thank you for your hard work!  I have a Baofeng UV-8 available for you if you're looking to experiment with one.

Regards,
Robb

KD2FUH

________________________________
 From: Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com>
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 2:23 PM
Subject: [chirp_users] CHIRP 0.4.0 Released!

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce that the latest stable version of CHIRP has been
released, version 0.4.0. This is now available on the download page of
the website. Users of 0.3.1 will want to upgrade to 0.4.0 at this time.
Users of the daily builds may use this version if they wish, but it
contains no changes on top of the latest daily.

The high level changes are in the news item on the website, and are:

* CSV Dialects
* Model-specific on-screen clone instructions for many radios
* Kenwood TK-7102/8102/7108/8108 support
* Wouxun KG-818 support
* Icom ID-51A support
* Anytone 5888UV (and variants) support
* Baofeng UV-B5 support
* Baofeng UV-82 support
* Baofeng UV-6 support
* Baojie UV-55 support
* Yaesu VX-2 support
* Baofeng 888S support
* Improved support for FT-817/857/897 radios
* Russian language support
* Portuguese (BR) language support

...as well as too many fixes to list.

This release contains over 350 features and fixes from 16 people.
Special thanks to the top few contributors:

66 patches: Jim Unroe
57 patches: Marco Filippi
49 patches: Tom Hayward
42 patches: Jens Jensen

Be sure to thank these folks, as without them, CHIRP would not be the same!

--Dan