[chirp_users] PSA: Permanently disable Yaesu Wires beep

Silverfox
Fri Mar 14 18:13:45 PDT 2014

One can lock the keyboard and prevent it from happening.  There is normally
little need to use the keyboard.

73,

Alan - W6ARH

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com
[mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Milton
Hywatt
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2014 5:50 PM
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] PSA: Permanently disable Yaesu Wires beep

Done it dozens of times on the FT60 and FT8900. Was talking to
someone just the other day who had a tone when he first transmitted.
I told the guy he was using a Yaesu and he was surprised that I knew.
I said he had wires enabled. He found the button and shut it off. There
is a way to program the radio so wires will only work if certain criteria
are met
and under normal operation you would never meet it either. There is no
way to enable it under normal or cross band mode.

  _____