[chirp_users] FT 60R

Milton Hywatt
Sat Mar 1 18:35:06 PST 2014

To the radio, cloning is to and from another FT60R the same as to a computer.
You just cannot linger once you tell the radio to RX data from the computer
or it will time out. Once you press MONI and RX appears on the FT60R you have
only a second or to to tell the software to transmit to the FT60R

________________________________
 From: G T <w7gus at hotmail.com>
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 1, 2014 9:24 PM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] FT 60R

I don't have another radio, I was using Chirp to add more repeaters to the list. The initial cloning was done by someone else.
73
W7GUS

________________________________
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 18:21:43 -0800
From: rtsears at comcast.net
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com

I have an FT-60 and you have to be quick

Here is the section from the manual on cloning.

The FT-60R includes a convenient “Clone” feature, which allows the
      memory and configuration
data from one transceiver to be transferred to another FT-60R.
      This can be
particularly useful when configuring a number of transceivers for
      a public service operation.
Here is the procedure for Cloning one radio’s data to another:
1. Turn both radios off.
2. Connect the optional CT-27 Clone Cable between the MIC/SP jacks
      of the two radios.
3. Press and hold in the MONI switch (just below the PTT switch)
      while turning the radios on. Do this for both radios (the order of
      switch-on does not matter).
4. Rotate the DIAL job on each radio to select to “F8 CLONE,” then
      press the [F/W] key momentarily.
5. The display will disappear for a moment, then the “CLONE”
      notation will appear on the displays of both radios when the Clone
      mode is successfully activated in this step.
6. On the Destination radio, press the MONI switch (“- -RX- -”
      will appear on the LCD).
7. Press the PTT switch on the Source radio; “- -TX- -” will
      appear on the Source radio, and the data from this radio will be
      transferred to the other radio.
8. If there is a problem during the cloning process, “ERROR” will
      be displayed. Check your cable connections and battery voltage,
      and try again.
9. If the data transfer is successful, “CLONE” will reappear on
      both displays. Turn both radios off and disconnect the cloning
      cable. You can then turn the radios back on, and begin normal
      operation.

      steps 1-5
Then you have to be ready with Chirp to Upload to Radio.
Press the MONI key on the radio (Step 6)
Then quickly press the OK button on Chirp.

On 3/1/2014 6:03 PM, G T wrote:

Greetings
>I believe this may have been answered however I could not find a
        copy of the email.
>I have a FT 60 R I'm using CHIRP cable form Amazon, it has a
        model TW-PCMYA1U  and a number PCY1004 the Prolific driver is
        3.4.62.293.
>Following he procedure It will read from the radio, populated
        the CHIRP spread sheet but then on the upload it fails. A
        message appears "Failed to communicate with the Radio. Radio did
        not respond" I tried it a few times as per the video on You
        tube. Do I need different driver?