[chirp_users] missing 'pango' package with new chirp install Mac OS X 10.7.5

Dave Ritchie
Sat Mar 1 12:02:47 PST 2014

Ok,
   tried installing stable MacOS package. This is a first time install on
my MacBook , installed stable 0.3.1, died due to missing KK7DS python package. Installed that.

Fails with the following message in debug.log:

Registered Wouxun_KG-UVD1P = KGUVD1PRadio
Registered Wouxun_KG-UV6 = KGUV6DRadio
Registered Wouxun_KG-816 = KG816Radio
Registered
 Wouxun_KG-818 = KG818Radio
Icon /usr/share/pixmaps/chirp.png not found
Initialized MacOS support
/Users/dritchie/Downloads/chirp-daily-20140222.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/chirp/chirpw:146: PangoWarning: error opening config file '../Resources/etc/pango/pangorc': No such file or directory

  a.show()

What now? I see that pango is a graphics package for doing font rendering in an platform agnostic way.. but before I go off and install that, I thought I should ask what the recommended way of doing this is. Macports, perhaps?

73, Dave N4DJS