[chirp_users] Baofeng Radios

Jim Unroe
Mon Jun 30 12:59:24 PDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 3:42 PM, Denis Dimick <dgdimick at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a difference between the Kenwood and Baofeng cables? I've been
> using the Baofung cable without any problems.

The connection on many Chinese radios conforms to a connection originally
used on Kenwood radios. So this type of connection is commonly referred to
a "Kenwood" style connection. When you look for accessories like external
microphones and headsets, you will most likely be looking for one with a
Kenwood style connection. So to answer you question, the are basically the
same thing.