[chirp_users] IC-2200H - error message when trying to download

Marcelo XQ6BQ
Mon Jul 28 13:47:05 PDT 2014

Hello, maybe someone can give me some light...
I was looking everywhere for an answer but found nothing, so apologies if
this has been discussed before.

Latest CHIRP, Windows 7, Prolific driver OK.
Brand new USB (Prolific) cable for IC-2200H, connector to rig seems to fit
well.

I've used CHIRP with Baofeng UV-5R and Yaesu FT-60R, worked perfect.

Now, when connecting IC-2200H to PC and trying to download memories, this
message appears:
An error has occurred
Failed to communicate with the radio: Unexpected response from radio.

I don't have a spare cable or another IC-2200H to check if the problem is
there.

Perhaps I'm not following the proper sequence to download data from this
particular radio?
1) Connect cable to radio and to PC
2) Launch CHIRP
3) While pushing [M/CALL], turn power ON (“CLONE” appears on the radio's
display)
4) Go to CHIRP's "Download from radio" menu but touch nothing yet
5) Push [S.MW ] on the radio. “CL OUT” appears on the display.
6) Click OK to CHIRP dialog... Then it briefly shows the small "cloning"
window and then the error message.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

73,