[chirp_users] VX-7R Issues

Tom Hayward
Wed Jul 23 13:34:00 PDT 2014

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 1:20 PM, Tom Balaban <mototom800 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> It works fine with manual programming, just not with an upload using
> Chirp. I repopulated the memory location with the VFO version of the
> frequency that we get assigned to use more frequently and it works fine.

Is that in one of the .img files you uploaded?

Chirp has a developer tool that will show you what the difference is
between the working and non-working channel. Open the two .imgs files,
then go to View > Developer > Diff tabs. It will tell you which bytes
are different between the Yaesu-generated channel and the
Chirp-generated channel. The next step is to try to determine what
those bits do and under what circumstances Chirp needs to set them.

(You can understand how programming a frequency outside of the
advertised capabilities of the radio is an edge case we didn't account
for during development.)

Tom KD7LXL