[chirp_users] Kenwood TH-K2AT Only Reads first 50 Channels

Dan Smith
Fri Jul 18 08:09:54 PDT 2014

> The TH-K2 has 100 memory channels, or 50 if you use  alpha tags.  I
> don't use the alpha tags, and have almost all 100 memories full. Here is
> my problem:  when reading from the radio, Chirp will only read the first
> 50 channels.   Any attempt to change the values in the "Memories Memory
> Range" is immediately changed back to 50 channels.   There doesn't seem
> to be any way to get Chirp to read all the channels.

The problem is that we don't have any way of probing from the computer
side whether or not the radio is in 50 or 100 channel mode. On another
Kenwood radio that had similar behavior, I tried various methods of
trying to guess based on the contents of the memories, but it was pretty
much always wrong for someone and/or provided quirky user behavior.

I think it's infinitely more common to have your Alpha tags enabled
these days, so I think CHIRP taking that assumption is pretty
reasonable, in the absence of other options...

--Dan