[chirp_users] TYT TH-UVF1 dual Band Handheld-Expanded Frequency Access

W. David Seay
Fri Jul 11 18:00:54 PDT 2014

Jim,

CHIRP allowed me to program and save the frequencies in the radio but it will not receive and transmit out of the HAM bands. I have attached the file from the most recent programing, I think this is what you were looking for. I have seen on the web a software made for the Liuton LT UV radio which seems to be exactly the same as my TYT. Supposedly the saftware will allow you to set the upper and lower limits but I have not been able to find the software anywhere.

Thanks for your prompt response and assistance,

David

Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 18:20:30 -0400
From: rock.unroe at gmail.com
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] TYT TH-UVF1 dual Band Handheld-Expanded Frequency	Access

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 5:14 PM, W David Seay <wdseay at msn.com> wrote:

I have a TYT TH-UVF1 dual band handheld and it is supposed to be able to have access to expanded frequencies 136-174 and 400-480. I would like to be able to use for the GMRS which I also have a license for. I was told that the CHIRP software will allow to program these frequencies and it has done so but the radio still will not transmit outside of the amateur bands and I do not receive on the public safety frequencies which I would like to monitor since I am a firefighter and paramedic. If anyone has some advice, it would be appreciated.

David

Hi David,

>From what it looks like, CHIRP is currently setup to allow entry of UHF frequencies in the range of 420.000 to 470.000 MHz. I would also expect that there is also some setting (that CHIRP doesn't currently support) to set the lower and upper band limits. These are apparently set to the ham band limits in your radio and need to be expanded.

If you would attach a copy of a .img file from your radio I could take a look at it to see if the band limit settings can be located.

Another option would be download at try the .img file that is available in the CHIRP repository. It already has some of the frequencies that you are interested in already programmed so I would expect that the band limits have already been expanded.

http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/repository/changes/tests/images/TYT_TH-UVF1.img

So upload this image to your radio and try it out. If it works, transfer your current channels over to a copy of this image (load both images into CHIRP and use "copy & paste" to transfer the channels between tabs). Do not upload your image back into your radio. If you do, the band limits will be set back to what they were originally.