[chirp_users] TYT TH-UVF1 dual Band Handheld-Expanded Frequency Access

W David Seay
Fri Jul 11 14:14:49 PDT 2014

I have a TYT TH-UVF1 dual band handheld and it is supposed to be able to have access to expanded frequencies 136-174 and 400-480. I would like to be able to use for the GMRS which I also have a license for. I was told that the CHIRP software will allow to program these frequencies and it has done so but the radio still will not transmit outside of the amateur bands and I do not receive on the public safety frequencies which I would like to monitor since I am a firefighter and paramedic. If anyone has some advice, it would be appreciated.

David