[chirp_users] Yaesu FT-60R Issue

John LaMartina
Thu Jul 3 06:15:20 PDT 2014

John,
CHIRP is compatible with over 60 models of transceiver.
To determine which model you are trying to program, you first need to Download from Radio to create an initial template.
This let's CHIRP know you are working with an FT-60.
Load your changes to the new template, them perform an Upload to Radio.

No need for the 'full disclosure'.
We were All new to this once. :- )

I hope this helps...
Enjoy your new toy.

John K3NXU
http://www.miklor.com

-----Original Message-----
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of John D. Gremard
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2014 8:06 AM
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: [chirp_users] Yeasu FT-60R Issue

Pardon me if this has already been asked and answered.
Last night I cloned my FT-60 with the repeaters in St. Louis from Repeaterbook.com with CHIRP.
The frequencies that we're programmed manually work fine.
When I try to key the mike on the new frequencies, all I get is "error".  Any suggestions?

In the interest of full disclosure, the radio and I are new to the hobby.

Thanks in advance,

'73
John Gremard
KE0ARY