[chirp_users] Split PLs for UV-5RA

Jim Unroe
Wed Jan 29 03:17:02 PST 2014

Hi Richard,

I would like to add to Marco's advice.

If you haven't already, I recommend that you click "View" in the menu bar
and then enable "Hide Unused Fields" and "Smart Tone Modes".

With Tone Mode set to "(None)", all fields in the columns related to CTCSS
and DCS will be blank. Changing Tone Mode to "Cross" will then
automatically set Cross Mode to "Tone->Tone" and the default values in the
Tone and ToneSql columns will appear letting you know that they are now
active.

Another thing I notice when using CHIRP in Windows (it may or may not be
the same for Linux and Mac OS) is that when making a selection from a
selection list, such as the CTCSS tones), is that even though the new value
may appear selected, if you don't press enter or (what I prefer) click onto
another nearby cell, the value won't be "set" and will revert back to its
previous value when the channels and settings are uploaded to the radio or
saved to an image file.

A quick way to find out if a new setting has been properly set is to click
the [Go] button near the top left of the spreadsheet memory editor. If the
new value remains, it was properly entered to the cell. If the value
changes back to what it was previously, it wasn't properly set and needs to
be set again.

Jim KC9HI