[chirp_users] Query then Import

Tom Hayward
Sat Jan 25 12:32:06 PST 2014

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 12:06 PM, Milton Hywatt <mhywattt at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Haven't tried to import just one complete row
> from a county database but I'll assume that
> this single row needs to be pasted into your radio's
> existing list the written to the radio. ? Would be a nice
> if you could just query from your data source and
> then write directly to the radio adding to the existing
> image. But I guess these radios are basically all or nothing.
> If you upload one row even from a query, it's like uploading
> any image with just one row. You end up with a radio with
> one channel.

I'm not really sure who you're addressing here. I'll just assume
you're talking about yourself in the third person.

Clone mode radios write all or nothing, i.e., clicking Upload to Radio
will send everything you see in the Chirp spreadsheet to the radio.

Live mode radios will send one channel at a time, either when you
click Enter after editing or click OK on the import dialog. If the
import dialog only has one channel selected, only one channel is
written.

You have two options when requesting data from an external source.
"Import from data source" will bring up the import dialog and you can
select which channels you'd like to import (only one if you'd like).
"Query data source" will request the same data, but put it in a new
tab. From this tab you can copy/paste or same the whole thing as CSV
for later use.

Tom KD7LXL