[chirp_users] Problems with Yaesu -- FT60 and FT-8800

Basil Copeland
Thu Jan 23 18:29:20 PST 2014

Okay, here are some results from a bit of testing with versions.

1) The error is replicated in 20140102 (which is the first version of CHIRP
I used).

2) When I installed the current "stable" version, the error is not present,
and the write to the FT-60 is successful.

3) When I reinstalled 20140102 "on top of" the stable version (i.e. without
first doing a complete uninstall), it also worked!  But when I did a
complete uninstall, and reinstall of 20140102, the error returned.

4) I went back to the 20131031 version.  When this was installed "on top
of" the stable version, same result as in 3), i.e. no error.  But when I
did a complete uninstall, and reinstalled 20131031, the error returned.

5) Lastly, did a complete uninstall, and installed 20131002.  This version
worked, like the stable version.  No error.

So, somewhere between 20131002 and 20131031, the error enters.  I guess you
could check change logs for the builds in October for any changes that
would affect Yaesu radios.  Incidentally, I notice that between 20131002
and 20131031, the read and write instructions (steps to set the radio for
rx or tx) were added.  Had I started with the "stable" build, or even
20131002, I wouldn't have known what to do (without further research) to
set the radios for read or write.

Basil