[chirp_users] FT-817 Clone Rx error

IZ3GME Marco
Thu Jan 23 15:24:46 PST 2014

Hi Michael
my suspect is that you have a program, other then chirp, writing to serial port. To confirm this you can put your ft817 in clone and press C button without running chirp.
If the radio still immediately says clone error you have to investigate which program is using the serial port.
To be sure there's not a problem with radio itself you can test again with the data cable disconnect.
The radio should sit there for a while waiting for clone rx.

Let me know you test results.

73 de IZ3GME Marco