[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5R Frequency mod

Jim Unroe
Sun Jan 12 19:39:54 PST 2014

On Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 10:06 PM, Bill Gabbard <wcgabbard1 at windstream.net>wrote:

>  *Jim,*
> *Am I understanding that this can only apply in VFOs not the Working
> Bands?*
> *Thanks,*
> *Bill*

Bill,

Correct. The spreadsheet memory editor is currently limited to the
manufacturers specified frequency ranges for the UV-5R/UV-82 family of
radios.

136.000-174.000 and 400.000-520.000 for the 2M/70CM models
136.000-174.000 and 220.000-260.000 for the 2M/1.25M models

Although the radio will accept and display virtually any frequency
compatible with the STEP setting from 100 MHz to nearly 1000 MHz, nobody
has shown any conclusive evidence that the radio will operate (even for
receive only) outside of the manufacturers specified frequency ranges.

Sure, I've picked up some signals with the displayed frequency in the
800.000 MHz range. But I bet, with a little effort, I could find the actual
over-the-air frequency is within the radio's standard frequency ranges.