[chirp_users] chirp_users Digest, Vol 61, Issue 20

Benton
Sun Jan 12 17:34:27 PST 2014

On 2014-01-12 17:15, Milton Hywatt wrote:
> Is it not just a bit illegal to operate in the air band from 108 - 136
> unless you
> have completed FCC communications course? Below 136 mhz are 200
> channels
> of navigation for VOR, radial intercept, ILS beacons etc. Those are
> actually between
> 108 and 117 mhz but if you interferer with the ILS stuff you face some
> butt kicking
> penalties from Club Fed.

Hmmm... I use the comm radios in the airplane all the time, and I never
covered any FCC courses.  Initially it was under supervision and
training
of my instructor, and within the confines of the airplane's 'radio
station
license.'  But planes don't even have station licenses anymore, I don't
believe.  ARROW became AROW several years ago.

But yeah, interfering with a nav-aid wouldn't earn you any friends.

Benton 12jan14
--
KF7QLP
'5913D