[chirp_users] .csv file import, fields not populating

Jens J.
Fri Jan 10 13:30:22 PST 2014

Tom,
Does chirp have some kind of dialog during csv that attempts to read the csv column headers,
and give the user an opportunity to map them to known chirp headers, if they are not in the expected chirp format?

----- Original Message -----
From: Tom Hayward <esarfl at gmail.com>
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2014 3:10 PM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] .csv file import, fields not populating

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 12:46 PM, John Kellas <sales at mparam.com> wrote:
> I have a file created in KG-UV Commander. If I export it as a .csv file, and
> then import it into CHIRP, none of the fields populate

Not all CSV files are created equal! CSV is just an encoding scheme.
Unless the column labels are the ones Chirp looks for and the data
matches the format Chirp expects, the fields won't populate.

Chirps CSV reader is pretty flexible. I've given it hints at how to
decode CSV files generated in other software, like RT Systems VX5
software, Kenwood HMK and ITM formats (these are both csv internally,
even though they don't end in .csv).

Send me your CSV file and I'll see if I can trick Chirp into decoding
it for you.

Tom KD7LXL